Thursday, August 22, 2013

KSP Again

Orbits. Orbits. I have discovered maneuvers and how to use orbits more efficiently and fuel efficiency in vacuums and this and that and science. Its a big new revolutionary idea in how I can move to different celestial bodies. I also learned a much more efficient way to get into orbit. Rather than go straight up until you're totally in orbit, about a third of the way out of the atmosphere you turn 45 degrees. The air is thin enough that you can keep forward motion, the resistance isn't much. So you can begin to spiral around the planet before you're even off it totally. 12000 meters, the magical number. So, now with these two new ideas and abilities, I can make it to other celestial bodies much easier. The Mun was a 50/50 shot every time I launched, Would I have fuel? Will I be able to turn the ship in time? Will I run out of electricity? But now its simple. Simpler. Its still rocket science. But its simpler. Now to figure out how to use PB-ION engines! So effeciant, but so under powered. Can I add several of them and make it more powerful? I doubt it! But lets find out!

"Aperture science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead. But theres no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake! And the science gets done and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive!" -GLaD0S

Portal music, it helps the science. I am so upset and happy that thats been stuck in my head. Anyways, to the science!

No comments:

Post a Comment