Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tall Glass of Water Project

Here is everything I did with that glass I made in blender, from one of the first renderings to my final product. Enjoy!


Here was the first rendering of the glass,  before any major lights were added to the scene. It's quite simple at this point.



 Here's a more rendered image, with more light and rendering done to the glass.



Here is one of the first renderings of the glass with water in it. The water is not yet rendered, its just a dark void. No colors or rendered textures have been added yet. also there is water on the right side that needs to be touched up, it appears to be in a perfect line up and down as it has hit the edge of the domain.



Here is the first coloring of the water. I just was able to make it absolutely clear, and the background is what's coloring it.


Here is a rendering where the water is slightly more blue, and a little less blurry. I still need to touch up the water on the edge and make it less blurry even still. There are little colored pixels in the water, I am going to try and get rid of those.


 Here is the final result. Perhaps a higher resolution picture will be taken at some point, but for now I'm content with it. It doesn't look too bad if I do say so myself.

If you want to make something similar, you can use a free program called Blender. It's a free 3D modeling program that can be challenging, however there's a massive amount of tutorials online that can help you out.

If you want to learn how to make a glass similar to this, here is an amazing tutorial to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment